Mandatory Permit To Practice Information

General Information

Engineers Yukon is an organization constituted by Territorial Statute for the regulation of the practice of engineering. As steward of the Engineering Professions Act, it is the Association’s responsibility to register only qualified persons and to control the quality of the professional services that they provide.

The Engineering Professions Act also requires that the partnerships, corporations and other such entities, which practice engineering, have a Permit to Practice. The requirements concerning Permit to Practice are described in Articles 14 through 24 and in Regulation 14 through 19 (PDF).

Who Requires A Permit To Practice?

If you are practicing engineering you require a Permit to Practice. This includes partnerships, corporations and other such entities, which practice the profession of engineering. The Engineering Professions Act does not differentiate between size of an organization or whether the organization is practicing for internal or external reasons.

Download our information package.(PDF)

How to Register

Complete the application form and remit with payment of the application fee. In completing the form it is the responsibility of the applicant‟s Chief Operating Officer (or equivalent) or designate to ensure that the members selected to be responsible for the professional practices are qualified and have organizational authority to direct and control the overall quality of services being provided.

Applications are processed and presented to the Board of Examiners who review and recommend applications for approval to the Engineers Yukon Council. Approval is normally granted within 30 days of receipt of the completed application.

All Permit to Practice Applications must include:

Fees (to be paid upon approval)

Permit to Practice Annual Fee: $294.00
Permit To Practice rubber stamp (Shipped within Canada: $50.00
Permit To Practice rubber stamp (Shipped outside of Canada): $75.00
Permit To Practice Electronic Stamp: $40.00

All fees include GST

Engineers Yukon accepts Visa and Mastercard Credit Card payments. To pay by credit card, please fill in the applicable credit card authorization form. This form can be either be scanned and emailed to or mailed to the Engineers Yukon office.

Permit Holders

Permit Holders in good standing will be published on the Permit Holders List web page of Engineers Yukon’s website.


If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact Holly Keetley by email at

Post An Advertisement
Teacher Resources